December 26, 2008

Cómo se dice...

The other day I was killing some time at the St. Mark's Bookshop in the East Village while waiting to meet some friends for yakitori. I came across these adorable Lonely Planet Phrasebooks. Upon flipping through them I realized that they may be necessary in order for me to successfully navigate through foreign lands on my own! The books not only contain a basic dictionary, but also several categories of key phrases like:
HOW DO I GET TO THE TRAIN STATION?
WHERE IS THE NEAREST HOSPITAL?
HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
NO SEAFOOD PLEASE!
You get the idea! I've decided to purchase them through Amazon since their prices are a good $4.00+ cheaper than the St. Mark's Bookshop. On average they are running about $8.00 a piece - Maybe a bit overpriced, but hopefully well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment