April 3, 2009

Day 080 : Sapporo

I took an overnight train to Sapporo and arrived at 6:00am this morning! I wasn't meeting my hostess (Crystal, a couch surfer!) until 2:30pm so I decided to wander around a bit (in the cold!) to see what Sapporo had to offer. Here's what I found:




I didn't initially intend to visit Sapporo, but I decided that it was best to make the most of my 3 week Japan Rail pass - I wanted to get a taste of northern Japan. I'll admit it...Once in a while I find myself in a location and wonder why the heck I am here. True, Sapporo may not have the most inspirational architecture in Japan, but I was here nonetheless so I had to make the most of it. So after a day of wandering around in the cold, Crystal (an 'Amer-I-CAN' couch surfer teaching English in Japan) took me and Liz (another English teaching couch surfer) out for a night of salsa dancing in Sapporo!

1 comment:

  1. Those female wrestlers look intimidating. And isn't the reason one goes to Sapporo is to drink beer? Like, going to Amsterdam for the Amstel or Busch Gardens for the Bud Light

    ReplyDelete