April 24, 2009

Day 096 : Kyoto

I spent most of today doing practical things like laundry and planning. Nothing too exciting. I figured this lack of blogging material was a good chance to give a 'shout out' to my dear Japan Couch Surfing friends. I am a member and firm believer in www.CouchSurfing.com. Check it out of you haven't heard of it before (It's been written up in the NYT a number of times).
I've had a blast surfing my way through Japan, meeting some awesome people along the way. There were Crystal and Jacob in Saporro who taught me how to salsa dance with Japanese men, Erin in Takamatsu who recommended and donated one of her books to me (It's been so long since I've read a book for fun...Thanks Erin!), Antoinette in Osaka who introduced me to the a killer Izakaya, Kimi in Fukuoka who totally teased me by only being able to spend a few hours with me (She promises to surf my couch back home though...), and finally Shoji in Kyoto who, well, is just one of the most fun-loving, generous, and genuine people I have ever met. Shoji has a wife, three daughters, and a spare house that he dedicates to Couch Surfers from around the world - all out of the genuine goodness of his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment