June 10, 2009

Day 142 : Fes

It was a bit difficult to adjust to the hustle and bustle of the streets in Fes - especially having arrived from a Meknes, a rather peaceful and low-key city in comparison I did my best to escape the crowds by finding as many decongested back alleyways as possible. Amongst them I discovered lots of structural support systems and temporary canopies, both of which were pretty intriguing architecturally.





It's amazing how much the character of a street can transform between night and day...
During my stroll I came across this low wall that caught my eye. I got up on my tippy toes just enough to peer over the top of it. This is what I found on the other side. Incredible! What potential as an urban space instead it's more like an urban dumpster...

It was election time. This is how the Morrocans voice their opinion...


No comments:

Post a Comment