March 17, 2009

Day 051 : Agra

Can you believe that this Indian Wedding kept me up ALL night! Upon leaving the venue at about 5am I came directly home (to Tripty's house), packed my bags for a week long adventure to Agra and Rajasthan, then headed to the station to catch a 7am train to Agra. Apparently the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays, so this afternoon I decided to check out Fatehpur Sikri, about an hour long drive outside of the city. The architecture again was quite impressive much like the Mughal architecture of Humayun's Tomb in Delhi. The quality like was also exceptional. I have decided to do most of my observing (and photographing) from here on out in the morning and afternoons when the sunlight produces the most awe inspiring effects.


This stone screen really caught my attention. Imagine that this effect is captured by thousands of tiny apertures cut into a solid piece of stone, in this case white marble. Incredible...


No comments:

Post a Comment