March 19, 2009

Day 054 : Jaipur

I spent the whole of today wandering around the magical streets in the Old City of Jaipur. I was a little weary when I saw that the road ahead was a bit hazy...

But then I realized it was nothing hazardous...well too hazardous...just some dust from the local artisan shops. This particular part of the old city was full of squatting sculptors.




I couldn't help but notice how the street side architecture in Jaipur is even tailored to the cows. Notice how the height of this little ledge seems to act as a perfect serving surface.

Road work...

An intense batch of curry.

I've found that people all throughout India really know how to use their heads, even the children. My photo session with this kid seemed to attract the rest of his clan...

And soon they were fighting over who would fit into the camera click. Before I knew it sacks and even scooters were flying everywhere. I split the scene pretty quickly...

People power isn't the only mode of transportation in the old city...

No comments:

Post a Comment