March 19, 2009

Day 057 : Udaipur

Last night on my contemplative car ride from Jodhpur to Udaipur I got the unfortunate message that my grandfather had passed away. R.I.P. Grandpa. Needless to say it was a long night and I wasn't really sure if I'd be ready to face another day, in a new city, all alone. I woke up early and had breakfast on the roof of the haveli I am staying in. The view was amazing, simple, serene, and angellic...just like Grandpa. For some reason I felt a sense of relief, as if he was finally where he wanted to be, watching over me throughout my adventure. I decided to do what he would have wanted most and that was to not miss a beat, and head out for another day of discovery.

I spent today, like most of my first-days in a new city, roaming around somewhat randomly trying to get a sense of the place and the people. Here are a few of the things I found...

My obsession with openings continues...



The variety of stairs in Udaipur were also a point of interest for me as they confront the changes in level of both the varying topography and water level in the city.





These guys were attempting to make a new window in this old stone wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment