March 19, 2009

Day 058 : Udaipur

Today I had my second official 'fair-trade' experience, well not exactly fair trade, more like you give and I take. While I was sitting on a street step sketching, yet another Indian boy approached me and asked 'Where are you from?' I was tempted to just ignored the question like I usually do, or respond with some sarcastic comeback, but when I looked up this 14-year-old looking boy seemed harmless. As we began to chat he told me that his father teaches painting (Udaipur is famous for its artisans). He asked if I'd like to come to his home (just down the street) to see his paintings. I agreed but was sure to make clear that I was not interested in buying anything. He said that was totally fine, so we proceeded to his house...








Sometime I feel as though people are watching my every move here...



Other street scenes from the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment