April 16, 2009

Day 093 : Osaka

I like Osaka...a lot. For me there is something very different about this city. Maybe it's a bit edgier and grittier (as gritty as Japan can get) in comparison to what I have experienced so far. Or maybe it's because I had the crazy capsule hotel experience. Who knows. Anyway, I spent the whole day wandering around till my feet were super sore. It was worth it though. I was smiling the entire time.

For a minute I thought I was in America...

Then I realized I was still in Japan...





After a long day I retired to my capsule, smack in the middle of Amerika-Mura. The capsule was surprisingly spacious. I fit in it perfectly. My luggage though, that was another story. What was I thinking leaving my bag outside of my capsule during the day while I wandered around? Sure enough, as soon as I returned I was attacked by capsule hotel employees telling me I needed to put my bag in my locker. But how am I supposed to fit that big bag in the little locker?!? So my bag spent the night behind the front desk while fell fast asleep in my cozy little capsule...

No comments:

Post a Comment