May 19, 2009

Day 115 : Ping An

I spent most of today taking a number of bus rides north from Yangshuo to the Longsheng area (More specifically to the village of Ping'An). This area is know for its rice terraces. Now I know why. They are absolutely stunning. This was the view from my guest room. The green hillsides are laced with small villages.
Lunch at the Longsheng Bus Station.



After settling into my room I took an hour long walk to the Old Village of Ping'An.



These villages are full of children. Large families are essential in order to have enough man power to maintain the thousands of acres of rice fields. I came across this cute little clan during my walk through the old village. They were eager to pose for me. So eager that they couldn't maintain steady footing for the photo. I can't help but include this following sequence.



My dinner. Tofu = Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment