June 9, 2009

Day 134 : Todra Gorge

I spent most of today in the van driving from The Todra Gorge to Merzouga. Spending so many hours in a moving vehicle meant that I had to hone my drive-by-shooting skills. Normally I would cringe at the thought of such a long car ride, but the varying Moroccan landscape kept me more than entertained. Let's just say that the window adjacent to me had a large-sized grease spot as a result of my nose rubbing on it all day long.




These goats can climb!

Todra Gorge
A few of my drive-by-shooting shots in an attempt to capture life en route to the desert...



Some kids walk to school...
Some kids ride to school...
Some kids don't go to school...
And some kids just ask for money...

It was too hot to head directly into the desert so we stopped for some tea (Coincidentally there were carpets too - Lots of them. Don't these people see "Young Starving Student" written all over my face?)

We arrived in Erg Chebbi just before sunset where we hopped on our camels and headed into the desert. The ride was beautiful, although it didn't feel great on the bottom, especially after such a long car ride. Even more beautiful was the dinner, music, and the night spent sleeping under the stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment